Dangerous Game Trails Guide Course
To ensure long term employability, the Trails Guide qualification is the next logical step after completing your FGASA Level 1 training.
The Trails Guide course includes advanced practical guiding skills that relate to navigation and orientation, guiding ethics, preventing and dealing with emergencies on trail, planning and conducting a guided trails experience , tracking skills and animal behaviour ,Basic and Advanced Rifle handling and approaching dangerous game on foot.
Qualified trails guides are very sought after in the industry , making this an essential qualification to give you a competitive advantage.
Bhejane offers Back-up Trails Guide courses for students with no experience, as well as shorter experience courses for qualified guides that are working towards their full trails qualifications.
- 6 - 7 Weeks
- Courses may be extended with up to 1 week to ensure adequate assessment time.
Course Fees 2018
- 2018 course = R 45 000
- Encounters, ARH Assessment and Experience - charged per day - please enquire.
- 18 February - 31 March
- 18 June - 27 July
- 30 July - 8 September
- 10 September - 19 October
Included in the Course Fee
- Meals and Accommodation
- Uniforms (only for students completing the full course)
- FGASA assessment
- Rifle Hire and Ammunition
Excluded in the Course Fee
- Personal Equipment
- Ammunition for re-assessment
- Prescribed reference books
- Meals on off days
- Bhejane Trails Guiding
- FGASA Trails back-up Trails Guide
- Cybertracker Track and Sign (Full course only)
- PFTC Rifle Proficiency
- FGASA Advanced Rifle Handling
- Full FGASA Level 1
- Good level of mental and physical fitness