Dangerous Game Trails Guide Course
To ensure long term employability, the Trails Guide qualification is the next logical step after completing your FGASA Level 1 training.
The Trails Guide course includes advanced practical guiding skills that relate to navigation and orientation, guiding ethics, preventing and dealing with emergencies on trail, planning and conducting a guided trails experience , tracking skills and animal behaviour ,Basic and Advanced Rifle handling and approaching dangerous game on foot.
Qualified trails guides are very sought after in the industry , making this an essential qualification to give you a competitive advantage.
Bhejane offers Back-up Trails Guide courses for students with no experience, as well as shorter experience courses for qualified guides that are working towards their full trails qualifications.
- 6 - 7 Weeks
- Courses may be extended with up to 1 week to ensure adequate assessment time.
Course Fees 2019
- 2019 course = R 48 000
- Encounters and Hours only R950 per day (Please enquire about available dates)
- PFTC and ARH Course only R7500 (Please enquire about available dates)
- 17 Feb - 30 March 2019
- 22 April - 31 May 2019
- 17 June - 26 July 2019
- 27 July - 8 September 2019
- 23 September - 1 November 2019
Included in the Course Fee
- Meals and Accommodation
- Uniforms (only for students completing the full course)
- FGASA assessment
- Rifle Hire and Ammunition
Excluded in the Course Fee
- Personal Equipment
- Ammunition for re-assessment
- Prescribed reference books
- Meals on off days
- Bhejane Trails Guiding
- FGASA Trails back-up Trails Guide
- Cybertracker Track and Sign (Full course only)
- PFTC Rifle Proficiency
- FGASA Advanced Rifle Handling
- Full FGASA Level 1
- Good level of mental and physical fitness