Level 1 Nature Guide Course
The Level 1 Nature Guide Qualification is the most sought after qualification required by the guiding industry for employment. The FGASA Level 1 Course also contains the CATHSSETA Nature Site Guide qualification, which is the minimum requirement for guides to register as legal tourist guides in South Africa.
Beyond Southern Africa's borders, the higher standard of the FGASA qualification also enjoys recognition in many other countries on and off the African Continent. While we recommend the longer 1 year or 3 year courses for school leavers, the 10 week course is ideal for older students that have already got some relevant life and work experience.
The course is also ideal for Nature Conservation, Reserve Management , Zoology or Tourism Graduates that want to increase their employability.
Bhejane now also offer a new Combined Marine and Nature Guiding Course during which both the Nature Guide Level 1 and Marine Level 1 qualifications are trained. Contact us for more information about this course.
Course Fees 2019
- R 62 000
- 6 May - 12 July 2019
- 30 September - 6 December 2019
- 3 Feb - 10 April 2020
Combined Course Fees
- R 75 000
Combined Course dates
- 6 May - 27 July 2019
- 30 September - 20 December 2019
- 3 Feb - 17 April 2020
Included in the Course Fee
- Meals and Accommodation
- FGASA training and assessment
- First aid Training
- Course Manuals
Excluded in the Course Fee
- Meals on weekends and off days
- Personal equipment (Binoculars etc)
- Field Reference and Prescribed Books
Subject to successful completion of all modules.
- Bhejane Level 1 Nature Guide
- FGASA Level 1
- Wilderness First Aid Level 1
- Minimum age of 18
- Good level of personal and mental fitness
- Must be fluent in English
- Driver's licence recommended